Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bleary Eyed for Coffee Change.

Why am I up at 6:30 on the last Saturday before classes start?

     I'm going busking in a few minutes at the St. Lawrence Market. I used to do this pretty frequently as a middle school-er and I would make a killing if I got there early enough to claim a good spot. There was a long period where I didn't busk at all, then a while ago I decided to give it another go.
     When I started again I realized that a large portion of the money I made in the seventh grade was less due to my skill, and more due the fact that I was a particularly small kid and everyone probably thought it was adorable that a 9 year old was out playing for money (when I was closer to 12).
So what? My mum still thinks I'm adorable.
Besides, I go more often than not with my string trio now (Rosedale trio - hire us), so we're in it more for the pleasure of each others' company and the joy of waking up at 6:30am on a Saturday than the cash. That's the real fun part.

Me, "busking" for the first time as a pretty little kid. This was actually a Pape street festival and I was simply acting as an ad for Lippert Music School (the place I took lessons) by being small and playing outside the shop. That's my dad's hat. It's a style Statement.
The first time I actually went busking on my own was at Taste of the Danforth when I was 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment